ECR CYPRUS (Efficient Consumer Response), constitutes the landmark Association for the entire Cypriot market which has the aim of implementing best practices across the retail service chain, for the purpose of providing quality products and services to Cypriot consumers. It encourages and promotes cooperation between the Industry and Retailers with the aim of serving consumer needs in the fastest, best and least costly manner. Some of the ECR’s objectives are the following:
- To encourage and promote cooperation between the Industry and Retailers with the aim of serving consumer needs in the fastest, best and least costly manner.
- To promote the common interests of the members of the Association on issues related to the production, promotion and distribution of products to the benefit of consumers, always within the framework of free competition.
- To undertake initiatives amongst its members, suppliers and retailers, for the purpose of solving problems encountered in the sector, with the aim of protecting consumers.
- The creation of a series of standardised procedures and operations as well as a code of conduct between the Industry and Retailers, through projects involving various subjects, such as: Continuous Product Replenishment (CPR), Category Management, Promotion Tactics, Collaborative Relationship Management, New Product Introduction, EDI, Sustainability, Spoilages & Damages and other similar procedures relating to the objects of the Association.
- To cooperate with the competent state Authorities for the harmonization of legislation with that of the European Union by implementing advanced technological methods, including e-invoicing and any other technology methods.
- To carry out studies and research in new advanced technological systems for improving the procedures for the transportation, promotion and distribution of products to the final consumer in order to offer products and services to consumers at lower prices, as well as for the purpose of increasing productivity and efficiency.
- To act as an independent body and to transact with any other bodies having similar objects for the purpose of creating close contacts and relations.
- To act as a forum for exchanging experiences and information which is available to public authorities, government agencies, other Commerce and Industry associations in the Cyprus or abroad and especially in the Member States of the European Union, to trade organizations and product and service vendors and other relevant entities and persons, through which it will be possible to exchange experiences in order to assist them in the management of services relating to the objectives pursued by the Association.